Estate Agent Insurance – What Policies You Should Consider

The UK property is booming at the moment due to the recent extension to the stamp duty holiday. Estate agents are conducting both in person and virtual house viewings and people are still able to move house despite the Covid-19 pandemic. Data from HM Revenue and Customs show that over 190,000 sales went through in March 2021, which is almost double the figure recorded earlier in the year. Due to this spike it is very important for estate agents to have insurance with the correct cover. 


Working in the property industry can come with its risks from exposures for office equipment, liability risks for slips, trips or employee injury, to more complex financial exposures including professional indemnity or crime.

Why Do You Need Business Insurance As An Estate Or Letting Agent?

  1. Taking customers to viewings always involves a degree of risk. This risk becomes significantly higher when you take a client to see a new build home. If someone slips, falls or injures themselves in another way at your office or at a property viewing a claim could be made against you.
  2. Not every deal is smooth sailing. If a customer feels they receive unsatisfactory advice a claim could be made against you. 
  3. If your office is flooded or broken into you could have problems operating as you would normally. Having insurance means that you will be able to cover any costs, repairs and you will be able to open your business as quickly and efficiently as possible. 


Insurance packages can be tailored specifically to your business requirements, however, there are some that we would recommend be high on the list, these include:

Office Insurance


If your agency works from an office location, office insurance will cover your office’s contents against theft, flood and fire. Due to the pandemic online estate agents and letting agents are becoming even more popular now, due to the reduction in walk-in customers. Office insurance can also cover your private office or at home office.

We are the right people for you

Lets work together

Public Liability Insurance


In this industry, it is inevitable that you and your staff will be dealing with a member of the public. It is so important to protect yourself should your customers and members of the public get injured or you accidentally damage their property during a property viewing for example. 


If you regularly have customers come into your office, public liability and estate agents will also cover you against any injury that they may endure during a visit

Client quote / testimonial is

Top reason to choose Company

Last year we provided over xxxx policies

We are a team of xxx experts here to support you

Employers Liability Insurance


Employers Liability Insurance is a legal requirement for businesses employing any full time, part-time, contracted, apprentice, voluntary or temporary workers.

Professional Indemnity Insurance


Professional indemnity insurance is a commercial policy design to protect business owners, freelancers and the self-employed if clients claim a service is inadequate. Any organisation which provides a professional service or gives advice could be sued if the recipient is unsatisfied with their work.

We are the right people for you

Lets work together

Crime Insurance


Crime insurance is a policy that offers comprehensive cover and provides protection against employees’ theft and any losses from forgery, computer fraud and more.

Cyber & Loss of Data Protection


Cybersecurity of information security refers to the measures taken to protect a computer or computer system against an unauthorized hacker.

If you would like more information on Estate Agent Insurance from [broker_name] in [broker_county] please get in touch with a member of the team today.

We are the right people for you

Lets work together